Privacy and Data Security Policy
Robert Dommett and Associates Pty Ltd of Level 2, 68 York Street, Sydney, NSW, 2000 Australia and its related companies (collectively referred to as "We", "Us", "Our") take your privacy seriously.
What is 'Personal Information'?
Personal information is information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable:
- whether the information or opinion is true or not; and
- whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
What Kinds of Personal Information Do We Collect and Hold?
The personal information collected and maintained by Us is of two types:
(1) In the course of Our general business, We collect personal information such as name, gender, date of birth, address, contact details and information specific to the context of your relationship to Us.
In the course or using Our websites We collect registration information that is necessary for Us to manage Our relationship with you that is specific to that particular website.
For employment applications, We collect your name, address, contact details, current and past employment information, educational qualifications and professional associations. We also collect information about and proof of your residency status, the name and contact details of your referees and other information required for recruitment purposes. Where We seek your consent to conduct a background check, We also collect details of your proof of identity from you.
There are some circumstances where you can deal with Us anonymously including, if you are only looking for general information about one of Our products or services.
(2) In the course of providing Our services to client organizations, We may be provided with data containing personally identifiable elements that are necessary for Us to provide Our services to them. In this case We;
- restrict the data supplied to the minimum that is necessary for Us to provide the service
- minimize Our retention of the data to the shortest time that is necessary to provide the service
- on completion of the service, ensure that all personally identifiable data is removed from Our systems
For What Purposes Do We Collect, Hold and Use Your Personal Information?
We collect, hold and use your personal information for the purposes of providing Our products and services and managing Our business. This may include:
- to deal with inquiries;
- to provide a product or service including;
- communicating details about Our products and services or marketing Our services and products and those of Our related companies, brokers, intermediaries and business partners that may interest you;
- conducting customer research and analytics in relation to Our service and products, improving Our service and products, auditing and quality assurance;
- handling complaints and disputes;
- training Our employees, agents and representatives;
- facilitating Our business processes;
- conducting surveys;
- detecting, investigating and preventing fraud;
- identifying and contacting individuals who do business with Us;
- assessing and processing employment applications; and
- any other purpose communicated to you at the time We collected your personal information or as required or permitted by law.
Direct Marketing and Your Privacy
From time to time, We may use your personal information to advise you about or offer you other products or services that may be relevant and of interest to you. Personal information you or an associated party have provided Us will be held on file for marketing purposes until you opt out of receiving such information. If you do not want to receive these offers from Us, please unsubscribe to one of Our emails.
We do not use or disclose sensitive information for the purposes of direct marketing.
We retain the content and associated data of any email that you send to Us if We believe We have a legal requirement to do so. Your email message content may be monitored by Our employees for security issues, including where email abuse is suspected; Our response to you may also be monitored for quality assurance issues.
Who Do We Disclose Your Personal Information To and Why?
We do not sell or rent your personal information to any other company, organization or person.
We may disclose your personal information to:
- third parties that provide services to, or functions on behalf of, Us. For example, Our contractors to whom We contract out certain services, market research contractors and data processing companies for the purpose for which the information was collected or for related purposes, for example to complete a transaction on your behalf or provide you with a service that you requested;
- related companies in Our group of companies where necessary to fulfil Our purposes;
- debt-collection or credit reporting agencies to assist with obtaining payment from creditors;
- information technology service providers responsible for Our communication networks, software and system development and maintenance.
In these situations, We prohibit the third party contractor from using personal information about you except for the specific purpose for which We supply it.
In addition, We will not disclose your personal information without your consent unless the disclosure is necessary:
- to prevent a threat to life or health;
- to protect the personal safety of users of this website or the public;
- authorized or required by law;
- as We have reason to suspect that unlawful activity has been, is being or may be engaged in; or
- to enforce the law or necessary to investigate a suspected unlawful activity.
Disclosure To Overseas Recipients
- overseas offices of Ours;
- data processors; and
- information technology and business process service providers.
We will only transfer your personal information to people or organization in foreign countries if:
- you consent to the transfer;
- the transfer is necessary for the performance of Our contract with you or for the implementation of pre-contractual measures taken in response to a request by you or for the performance of a contract with a third party which is concluded in your interests; or
- as otherwise permitted by the National Privacy Principles.
By using Our websites or purchasing goods or services you give your consent to this transfer of your personal information.
How Do We Hold Your Personal Information?
We may hold your personal information in a number of ways, including:
- in Our secure computer systems or databases, which may involve storing data on storage or computer systems provided by third party suppliers;
- in paper records; and/or
- in telephone recordings (used for training and verification purposes).
Links To External Sites
We may include links to external sites that We consider contain content relevant to the information that you were seeking from Us. Where these links occur, We accept no responsibility for the accuracy of the content, the privacy or security of those sites or your reliance on any information contained within any such site.
Making a Complaint
If you believe that We have not met Our privacy obligations in Our handling of your personal information, you may lodge a complaint by contacting Us on the above contact details, or in writing to: Privacy Compliance, Robert Dommett & Associates Pty Ltd, Level 2. 68 York Street Sydney, NSW 2000.
If you are unhappy with the resolution of your complaint or with the way that We have handled your complaint, you may be able to refer the matter to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
GPO Box 5218
Sydney NSW 2001
1300 363 992